“This program has changed my life forever. My future is made possible through my program at Washburn Tech and I will always be thankful for the opportunities that were offered to me through this state-of-the-art facility.”
– Blake Anderson, 2014 graduate of the Climate and Energy Control Technologies program
Midwest Training Center for Climate and Energy Control Technologies
The Midwest Training Center’s (MTC) goal is to provide existing and new workers the additional training needed to help current and new firms grow in the region. The MTC plans to achieve this goal by providing a system of connected and stackable credentials to existing technicians, to new students and to displaced workers for multiple programs and industry sectors: energy, transportation, and advanced manufacturing. The center will also provide train-the-trainer opportunities to secondary and post-secondary instructors throughout the Midwest.
“Trane is honored to support Washburn Tech in the development of the Midwest Training Center,” said Keven Ward, Public Sector Consultant for Trane. “The training center will serve business and industry throughout the Midwest region by producing trained employees with nationally recognized certifications, and to provide access to short term training and certifications for incumbent workers as well.”
The training center offers a series of certifications collaboratively developed in conjunction with the National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3). “The need for certifications that are standardized, which means they are recognized by industry throughout the nation in the primary reason for Trane’s association with NC3,” said Greg Josefchuk, strategic programs leader for Trane. “Furthermore, students benefits from curriculum that has been evaluated by industry so that it reflects the training needs and workforce development of business and industry.”
Click here to download a case study about the MTC at Washburn Tech.
- National Letter of Intent Signing Day (May, 2016)
- Trane Day at Washburn Tech prepares students with practical job skills (March, 2015)
- Video: Washburn Tech’s National Letter of Intent Signing Day (February, 2014)
- Washburn Tech Celebrates Inaugural ‘Letter of Intent’ Day (Feburary, 2014)
- Washburn Tech Welcomes Students with a Signing Day (February, 2014)
- Trane and Washburn Tech Host Open House for the Midwest Training Center (February, 2014)
- Washburn Tech Inks New Recruits (January, 2014)
- Washburn Tech Student Govt Sponsors Toys for Tots Build Day (December, 2013)
- Washburn Energy Upgrade Brings Bonus Learning Opportunity (November, 2013)
- Energy Upgrades at Washburn University Ahead of Schedule (August, 2013)
- Washburn Tech Renovations Makes Different Education Paths Attainable (July, 2013)
- New Training Center at Washburn Tech Called Model for State (March, 2013)
- Newscast: Washburn Tech Opens New Training Center (March, 2013)
- Newscast: WU Tech Cuts Ribbon on Training Center (March, 2013)
- Washburn Tech Celebrates New Center (March, 2013)
- Washburn Tech Announces Grand Opening of Midwest Training Center in Topeka (March, 2013)
- Washburn Tech to Cut Ribbon on New Training Center (March, 2013)
- Washurn Tech to Open Nation’s Premier Facility for Climate & Energy Control Education (March, 2013)
- Washburn University to Receive Campus Upgrades (February, 2013)
- Midwest Training Center to Open in January (December, 2012)
- State officials visit Lenexa for Kansas Skills Tour (December, 2012)
- Ingersoll Rand Foundation donates $10,000 to Washburn Tech (October, 2012)
- Trane Supports Gov. Brownback (August, 2012)
Leading colleges and industry partners have developed a comprehensive, turnkey workforce development program for training and professional certification. NC3 members are provided with expert consultation – from the tools and equipment, to facility planning, faculty training, and the support necessary for professional certification program.
This network has aided technical colleges in developing the necessary course offerings for students to not only complete graduation, but also to acquire professional certification while they are in the program.
Click here to watch a short video about Trane’s partnership with NC3.
Click here to learn more about Service Technician careers with Trane.
Click here to search for Service Technician openings with Trane.
Click here to search job postings on the Washburn Tech job board.